The years spanning 1955-1965 gave birth to a community in the Borough of San Fernando that was like no other. The boundaries of that community, in the beginning, were Coffee Street to the North, Bertrand to the East, Rushworth to the South and Drayton to the West assuming San Fernando Hill to be due North. The streets Claire, Fonrose, Dottin, Cooper, Austin, Parry, Thorne and Legendre
were internal to those boundaries. It would be instructive to identify at once, for the benefit of the reader, that the physical space delimited by the latter streets came to be known as “The Hole,” reason being that for one to actually get out to other parts of San Fernando one had to climb a steep hill.